Independents’ Day UK is a campaign that exists to support and promote independent retail and small businesses across the UK all year round, but with an annual focus on July 4th: ‘Independents’ Day’ itself. Independents account for something in the order of 65% of the approximately 290,000 retail outlets in the UK and are at the heart of local communities throughout the country.
As a shopper Independents’ Day UK is your chance to show some love for the independent retailers you value most both in your local communities and online: the ones you wouldn’t want to live without. Here’s how you can get involved to help make Independents’ Day UK a success for those businesses and others.
• Follow and engage with the campaign across our social media platforms
• Share the campaign with your friends
• Give a shout-out on social media to the independent retailers you love and value most – be sure to tag us in any post using the hashtag #ukindieday
• Ask the independent retailers you visit or know if they are involved with Independents’ Day UK – if not, please direct them to our website.
• Make a list now of one or two independent retailers that you’ve never visited before, or even local favourites you’re familiar with and pledge to visit them on Independents’ Day on July 4th – your visit will make the world of difference
Our independents and small businesses at Rushden Lakes include:
Made in Northamptonshire
Blue Mountain Yard
Hopmaster: The Reserve
Find out more about the campaign here!